Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Another night of poor land navigation skills....

So Cara and I headed out again tonight with a car and a GPS and a slight idea of where we were headed. Needless to say, we didn't end up where we were supposed to be going. I have to say that the road system here confuses me and I would rely on public transit if I lived here all the time.

While being lost we happened to come across a restaurant that looked like it might be interesting out in the middle of nowhere. We stopped and as expected with us not speaking Italian there was that little language barrier. Most of the menu I could figure out and with the creative pointing at the menu and stumbling around we managed to get dinner ordered.

Being lost and ending up in this place was a good thing for sure. From our starter to dessert, the entire meal was delicious. Everything was homemade and very fresh. When our pasta dishes arrived it was obvious just by looking at them they had been made in the kitchen from scratch. The surprise was that our meat course came out and we thought that we had ordered chicken dishes but it was beef..... it didn't matter since they were both delicious. The largest stumbling block was trying to order some gelato,,,, evidently there was more than one kind available and eventually she just brought me a dish and it was great... I think it was vanilla with black cherry.

It was a good day other than weather.... it was a bit rainy, overcast and cool. It's probably at least 30 degrees cooler here than back in Africa. Earlier today I finished class and completed my exam so that frees up some time before I have to pack up and fly out again. Tomorrow's plan is travel to Pompeii then return to Naples, do laundry and pack. Look for pictures of Pompeii in the next day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment