Thursday, March 4, 2010

Went to a brothel today.....


























So now that I have your attention, I spent the day in Pompeii and went to the brothel that was operating there 2000 years ago,,, looks like it was a happening place back then. CDR Shepherd and I headed out early this morning and catch a bus from the airport then a train out to Pompeii. I have to admit that it was not the most ideal day for sightseeing since it was pouring down rain at times and cool. No complaints however since I had the opportunity to go see some great ruins from 79 A.D. while being away on official travel. The fact that I was fortunate enough to have a lag in the schedule before my return flight is definitely appreciated.

I can't say that Naples was my favorite part of Italy, I prefer Rome and Northern Italy, but it was great to have the opportunity to come and visit. I also got to catch up with Cara and get a couple of great meals out with some authentic Italian food. The main lesson learned here is that I never want to drive in this area and will rely on the taxi or public transit.
So now I'm getting the laundry done and need to start packing. Looking forward to heading back home to my CLU where it's warm and all of my people are around Camp..... but I will miss having the nice apartment with good Internet and an attached bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment