Sunday, April 18, 2010

Another Sunday flying around....

So I was in my office until 3 a.m. working on next Saturday's Board presentation. Writing a report and working on PowerPoint slides is not what a person should be doing on a Saturday night but it was a practical option so I could go out and have some fun on Sunday instead of working..... and yes, I'm the one who swore to never use that PowerPoint crap but unfortunately the Navy and everyone else is addicted to that stupid crutch.

So after a generally bad week and several instances of nonsense, I got to have some quality time with friends today. he day started with some time at the pool and a little sun. Then a brief visit to the office after which our favorite new pilot took us out and about again on a flight across Africa and we saw some new sights. Amazingly nobody on the flight manifest got sick this week... obviously we were disappointed not to see that scene.

So now it's an evening at 11 Degrees North while I wait for my clothes to dry... and I had to rewash my uniforms because the cheap Government ink pens will explode if you wash them in your uniform pockets..... First order of business tomorrow will be to throw away all of those cheap things so the next time I leave one in my pocket it won't ruin my uniforms again.... I'm hoping the re-washing takes the ink out but it looks pretty hopeless.... I'll claim it's part of the camouflage patter I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment