Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thursday Moving Day!
















So on Thursday I got the keys to my new trailer. It was a good day when I got the news and got my key around dinner time. I didn't waste any time flying across the base on my Kawasaki Mule utility vehicle to see my new space and start the packing.










I got to the new place and took one look at the mattress and chair and wondered what had been going on in there before I took occupancy. The mattress looked like there were a few springs with some dirty fabric stretched over them and the chair was filthy. The Chief had warned me about the mattress and offered to have a new one delivered on Saturday but I opted to take care of it myself. I put the old mattress and chair in the mule and drove them across base to my old CLU.










Once the door opened the frenzy started and in a short time I was packed. I loaded up my sea bags and threw the mattress and good chair on the mule and headed across base..... it was a cross between Sanford and Son and the Clampets.... no doubt a sight to see since the mattress was two fee wider than the mule on either side. It took two trips to get all my junk across base.










A good scrub of the new spot and I was unpacked quickly. The bathroom was scrubbed down and I have an Air Force Master Sargent on the other side of the bathroom that we share. So now I'm settled and I have trees in my gravel front yard. Life is good today.... and still not getting shot at.

No comments:

Post a Comment