Sunday, January 17, 2010

Finally arrived at NMPS, Gulfport

So the flight arrived on time, the bags made it and there were no snags with the airline. But then I walked outside to meet the duty drive who failed to appear. I found another couple of guys who were looking for the duty driver too and we eventually got picked up. The duty driver finally answered the phone an hour later for the driver who picked us up. I'm sure there was some real good excuse for failing to show up but we made it to base.

While waiting I hear that I've been put up at the Hampton Inn out in town. Sure, the idea of the Heavenly Bed tonight sounded great until I found out that the hotel was five miles away from base. Not able to get to base and no rental car until Tuesday night made that whole idea sound not so good. It ended up that there was a room at the Enlisted BQ but they didn't want to put me there with a shared bath.

You know the convenience of being on base and not having to get a car beat out the good bed. So I'm in the BQ on a twin bed this week sharing a bath with someone next door,,,, not such a big deal considering next week my twin bed will be one of 40 in open barracks and the bath will be shared with everyone. This setup doesn't seem so bad when looking forward to next week's accommodations.

Tomorrow is an off day due to the holiday so I guess I'll take a trip to the NEX and uniform shop. Hopefully I can find somewhere to print out my online W-2 to get the taxes done then I can get busy on my coursework. Reporting for duty Tuesday is at 06:30 for yet more Medical.

No comments:

Post a Comment