Monday, January 25, 2010

Sunday was not all that pleasant since I didn't get to have dinner with the family like I do every Sunday for the last 20+ years. I tried not to dwell on it and at least have some good people around to distract me. That's probably one of the things most difficult about this deployment is not being at home on Sundays.


Today wa a fairly uneventful day... lights on and up at 4:30 (yes that's a.m.) and headed to breakfast after a 5:15 muster. We got bussed over to Ft Jackson and issued Interceptor Body Armour (IBA), kevlar helmet and other various items meaning a couple more bags to take on to the next stop. Got to enjoy the first MRE today for lunch.... I guess that I wasn't too hungry since it wasn't too appealing. Dinner was better tonight though and now I'm winding down to get ready for the lights to come on at 4:30 again.

1 comment:

  1. If it is any consolation, we didn't have family dinner. So now you are on Marc time.....What was for dinner?

    ReplyDelete