Monday, February 8, 2010

Another long day....




So the day started out early.....again. My schedule was to be at a medical stand down at 0500 then breakfast was 0530 to 0600 and muster in formation at 0600. Have you ever been to a medical appointment to get your vitals taken, fill out paperwork and get a shot in less than 30 minutes??? Me neither.

After getting the Anthrax shot (still hurts) I decided skipping breakfast was a good idea since just getting through the line was a 20 minute ordeal usually. So I headed back to the barracks to get all the gear on adding that 50+ pounds to myself. Even with skipping breakfast I was still a little delayed in getting to muster which was not a big deal since I was already expected to be delayed but you know how I hate to be late when I'm expected somewhere.

So we loaded up the buses and went out for some round-robin training on various stations and scenarios of security issues, explosives and urban searches. There was also an exercise in humvees and then back to Camp McCrady. Once back on base we dropped our gear and headed to a travel briefing where we got information about our next travel and when we head out. I'll post more on that once I get where I'm going and settle in. We were late getting to dinner and actually sat around and realized a bit before heading to the computer lab to get a decent Internet connection.

Tomorrow will be another early day where I will definitely skip breakfast since they've scheduled 0530 breakfast and an 0600 muster in full battle rattle. There's just not enough time to eat and get geared up in a timely manner. Tomorrow is our convoy exercise day and that will in essence be the end of our practical training. I'm hoping for some downtime afterward to get a little rested and packed before moving along. Stay posted for the next leg of the adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment