Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Successful on rifle qualification today. Tuesday 2/3

I qualified on the rifle today which wasn't mandatory but I still did it. Tomorrow is a large weapon day where we shoot machine guns and the 50cal and hopefull blow something up. I have to get up at a horrible time in the morning,,, probably around 3:30 so I can get ready and muster at 4:15 for a 4:30official muster to head out on buses at 4:45 so we can do low-light pistol qualifications then breakfast outside before some reflexive shooting on rifles and large weapons.
I was so exhausted last night that I got in bed by 9:00 and pretty much passed out with a big flourescent light right over my face and everyone else up and being noisy watching a comedian on the computer and cleaning weapons... I slept hard after wearing body armor around all day long.


Today wasn't so bad and it was not cold like Tuesday. After I finished qith my qualification i piddled around and eventually after lunch decided to lay down in the sun,,,, I think I took a little nap and got some sun on my face. After that we came back and had a basic map reading class until dinner at 6:00. Then back to the barracks to get out of uniform, check email and get a shower just to start over again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment