Saturday, February 27, 2010

Finally found my camera

So for two days I've been without my camera. I took it out on Thursday to the office to take some photos and could not find it since. I thought for sure it had fallen out of my cargo pocket or backpack. I had looked all over the place and took another look around my office today and there it was on the desk I had been using earlier this week. Needless to say, once I get back from Italy and France, I'll be doing some office cleaning. My workspace is not up to par as far as cleanliness and organization like I'm generally accustomed to having. You know how I feel about proper housekeeping and leaving a clean desk at night....

Right now I'm sitting in the base air terminal waiting for the shuttle to take me to the Djibouti Int'l Airport. I'm heading to Paris tonight and then on to Naples, Italy for the next week. I'm looking forward to getting that class under my belt to help me understand the job I'll be doing for the next year or so. Also the possibility of sightseeing and making it to Pompeii is even better.

Today and yesterday have been a little rainy and HUMID. It's so thick in the air here you can just walk out and get soaked from the humidity in the air. Nothing real eventful has gone on this week but last night there was no off base liberty allowed most likely due to some elevated terror threat in the area but I did not inquire as to why..... no plans to go out into the town so it didn't really matter. We stayed on base and had some drinks at the 11 degrees MWR facility (waters for me). I'm going to have to learn to like beer this year I suppose.

Stay tuned for photos and updates about France and Italy. Pictures of Camp Lemonnier to follow as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment