Sunday, February 7, 2010

Uneventful weekend






















Well Saturday started early and we had a land navigation exercise out in the woods. It was once again painfully obvious that I should have a Garmin GPS with me at all times. After that was over we came back to the barracks and loaded up on the shuttle to Ft. Jackson and the PX. In lieu of eating an MRE for lunch I decided to eat at the PX before picking up a few items in the store.



Saturday night was a little slow so five of use went into Columbia for dinner. It took a conscious effort to not gobble my food down like an animal out in public unlike what is usually necessary at meat times here during training. It was a quiet night in the barracks for the most part since most of the guys decided to get hotels and stay out in town.



Waking up on Sunday and being up before 0800 was beyond my comprehension but that's how things were this morning. The internet here is maddening since the Army IRR guys have arrived and the already slow internet has gotten much worse on base. After lunch today (which was pretty awful) I broke down and went to the computer lab just to get a good connection. I managed to finish my class that I've been trying to do for the last three weeks in about 30 minutes; I should have done that two weeks ago I suppose.



I would try to post some new pictures but it is not at all possible under the circumstances. I hope to find out tomorrow more about my upcoming travel. Tonight will probably be an early one for me since I have to be in medical tomorrow morning at 0500 for some more Anthrax which will be a great time for my arm. I'm not even going to pretend to be interested in the Superbowl tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment