Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day before departing.....

So it was the day before departing the States and I had just been out to lunch on base.... upon my return to the Navy Inn some of my Djibouti folks (ages 25 and below) ambushed me and basically said "what else did you have planned today?". That was all I needed to hear and off I went to Norfolk for Mardi Gras drinking and whatnot. Yes I'm of a certain age where I should know better but as the younger folks pointed out,,,, what else did I have planned for the day????

The afternoon started at Jillians, moved to Hooters, back to Jillians and then to Mo & O'Malley's for some drinks and shots and a little food in between. So I arrived back at the base before midnight with laundry and packing ahead of me so I can head out tomorrow. It should be an interesting flight.

1 comment:

  1. DAVID,
    IS THIS HOW WE CAN COMMUNICATE00OR CAN YOU DO REAL E-MAIL? HOPE ALL IS GOING AS WELL AS IT CAN BE...I THINK OF YOU OFTEN.....YOU DO REALIZE THAT YOU HAVE MISSED OUT ON THE "SNOWEST FEB" IN HISTORY.. WHATC YOURSELF--YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THOSE UPSTARTS.....BRDIGET

    ReplyDelete