Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Some more traveling...

So I found out this week that I'm off to Europe for class.... a week earlier than anticipated. I've only been here five days but it feels like I've been here forever, but in a comfortable way rather than something bad. I've adapted to the routine and other than not being able to sleep through the night, which is also pretty normal, things are good. I'm still pretty clueless about my job but I'm still confident that I'll be able to manage to meet expectations.

So I'm headed off to Italy and get to spend some time in France as well. I guess the old slogan, "Join the Navy, see the world" still holds true. It's a beautiful night in Djibouti again. Once the sun sets the temperature is perfect and tonight the breeze is coming in from the sea so it's just nice and reminiscent of some of those good nights back in Hawaii minus a few friends along for the ride. However there are some new acquaintances that are making this tour a good one and I expect it will improve.

More to follow later and hopefully some good photos from Europe.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well for you. Wish I could say the same about Kabul. Living conditions aren't bad actually, but the work schedule is horrible. I get to travel a lot too, but in full battle rattle, in up-armored SUVs.

    ReplyDelete