Monday, February 15, 2010

Still parked in VA

I'm still in Virginia Beach at the Little Creek Naval Amphibious Base. We've been here since last week and for the most part I've tried to get caught up on some sleep and getting geared up for heading overseas. It has been unreasonably cold here but fortunately there isn't any snow accumulation. I picked up a few things for the kids today at the NEX and got a fresh haircut. Made a small effort at the gym today and had some dinner at the galley and that's about it. Not too much excitement going on and my crew has been pretty sedate and apparently in hiding since I haven't really seen anyone. Hopefully we'll head out of here mid-week providing no weather system moves in and we should be in our final destination by the end of the week or so,,, hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment